Candles are amazing, but it's important to follow a few simple steps to get the maximum benefits out of your Issyco candle.
- Always trim wicks to 5mm before lighting.
- The first time you light your candle, let it burn for 3-4 hours to allow the melted wax to reach the edge of the container to prevent your candle from tunneling.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended. Extinguish all candles when you leave a room or before going to sleep.
- Follow the 2-foot rule - don't place a burning candle within two feet of clothing, books, curtains or anything flammable.
- Keep lit candles away from draughts, ceiling fans and any air currents. Any form of air current can cause uneven burning, smoking, diminish the scent throw and even decrease the burn time.
- Trim the wick to 5mm each time the candle is lit. This helps prevent the flame from getting too large.
- Keep candles out of reach of children and pets.
- Place candle holders on a stable, heat-resistant surface that is sturdy and large enough to catch any melted wax.
- Always extinguish a candle if the flame gets too close to the candle holder or container.
- Place burning candles at least 10cm apart from one another.
- A burning candle should not be used as a nightlight.
- A candle should not be burned for more than four hours at a time.
- Do not burn the candle if the container is cracked, chipped, scratched or damaged in any way.
- Stop burning your scented candle once it is 1.5cm from the base of the glass to help prevent heat damage to the container and the surface surrounding the candle.
- Candles from our Core Collection are poured in clear cylindrical glasses that are 10cm tall and 8.5cm wide. Each glass is filled with 300g of wax which, with the double wick, is over 40 hours of burn time.
- Our Halloween containers are 8.5cm tall and 7cm wide. They contain 180g of wax and burn for over 30 hours.
Have any comments or suggestions? Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.